Forsaken World’s Newest Expansion Awakening Now Available
Players Ready Themselves to Brave the Dreaded Ever Abyss
Friday, January 22, 2016 —
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of widely-acclaimed free-to-play MMORPGs, announced Awakening, the 16th expansion for Forsaken World, is now available. This new update allows players to battle the most difficult bosses in the game on the new Ever Abyss map, while introducing an increased level cap, new gear instances and the new Elemental Relics System.
In the game’s last expansion, Vengeance, the inhabitants of Eyrda led a successful offensive against Storm Legion which opened the path to Freedom Harbor. Awakening begins as they embark on a treacherous journey along the River Styx, only to discover that their path has been blocked by a magical seal. In order to continue, they must summon the help of the Rose Princess, Ayrshi, who will grant them awakening powers to break the seal. Once they have completed this task, they must brave the darkness of the Ever Abyss, where they will face off against evil arch-demons and complete exciting new quests for rewards.
Forsaken World: Awakening introduces a host of new content and gameplay updates, including:
- Level Cap Increase – The game’s level cap has been increased from 90 to 100, allowing players to receive new main story quests and earn EXP/Soul Power faster than ever.
- New Map: The Ever Abyss – Players can journey through the unexplored pits of the Ever Abyss, where they will battle arch-demons and their savage minions for rewards.
- Three New World Bosses – Eyrda’s forces must join together to battle against Awakening’s three new world bosses – Renkailao (the bone dragon), Apepeos (the winged snake), and Galal (the giant serpent). These powerful creatures will appear in the Ever Abyss 48 hours after each weekly maintenance and require at least 30 players to defeat them.
- New Elemental Relic System – Completing challenges may earn players an Elemental Relic, which can be upgraded in a new gear slot to increase stats or infused with a Relic Spirit to make characters even more powerful.
- New Gear Instances – Level 90 players can team up in parties of three to participate in Awakening’s three new gear instances - The Bottomless Inferno, Gorge of Bravery and Ruin of Calamities.
- New God: The God of Retribution – By participating in any of the Vengeance map events, players will be entered into a competition created by the God of Retribution. The player who has killed the most bosses within each server will gain the ability to transform into the God of Retribution for a limited time.
- Other Updates – Awakening also introduces new pets, mounts, attributes and gear, plus a new level for the Phoenix Order, Dragon Order and Faith Order.
Forsaken World is a free-to-play MMORPG set in a dark online fantasy world featuring vampires and mythical creatures. Dark forces threaten Eyrda, a world forsaken by the gods and inhabited by seven races: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Stonemen, the Kindred, Lycan and Demons. Players must unite to restore the land to glory, while exploring an ever-changing world filled with epic dungeons, intense PvP battles and exotic mounts waiting to be tamed.